Dominic College overturned a tight round-robin loss to Southern rivals Mount Carmel to claim Netball Tasmania's inaugural high schools cup state final at the Silverdome on Friday.
Falling 32-26 in round three after tight wins over Riverside High School and Marist College, Dominic recovered to win 30-25 in a closely-fought decider.
Coached by Cavaliers' goal defence Rachael Tempo, Riverside lost its two opening matches before a thrilling 27-26 victory over North-West rival Marist.
ELSEWHERE IN SPORT
The West Tamar outfit then collected a convincing 30-17 win over the same opponent to secure a third-place finish.
All four schools qualified for the tournament by finishing top of their pools in regional competitions throughout the year, and were given the added bonus of meeting injured Australian Diamond Kelsey Browne.
The 27-year-old Collingwood Magpie spent a round with each side.
- Round 1:Dominic d Riverside 24-20, Mount Carmel d Marist 28-25
- Round 2:Dominic d Marist 29-24, Mount Carmel d Riverside 26-18
- Round 3: Riverside d Marist 27-26, Mount Carmel d Dominic 32-26
- Third-place playoff: Riverside d Marist 30-17
- Grand final: Dominic d Mount Carmel 30-25
Know a junior sport star? Make a nomination for our 2019 Junior Sports Awards here.