Paramedics took two hours to arrive at the scene where a man had been electrocuted at Pyengana, a coronial inquest has heard.
Guy Clark was the head chef at the Pyengana Holy Cow Cafe, located at Pyengana Dairy. On the morning of October 20, 2015, he was helping remove a coffee machine from the cafe for maintenance when he was electrocuted.
A coronial inquest is being held into his death, with Coroner Simon Cooper hearing the matter in the Launceston Magistrates Court.
On October 19, then cafe manager Nicole Jane Blair had a conversation with Mr Clark in which she asked him if he could assist in removing the coffee machine the next day as it was "quite big" and required two people to lift.
This was after Gregory Colin Gibson, the managing director of Pyengana Dairy Trading, had suggested she "solicit some help from the production staff".
IN OTHER NEWS
Mr Clark and another staff member unplugged the machine, disconnected the hoses and lifted it from the cafe into the kitchen.
Jamie McKimmie and Mr Clark noticed water leaking from the machine so they went to turn the tap off, which they'd been told was behind the dishwasher.
A pipe dislodged as the men wiggled the dishwasher forward to find the tap, so they put the dishwasher back but couldn't get the pipe reconnected.
The panel of the dishwasher was removed, but the court heard Mr McKimmie didn't put his hand inside because it "didn't look good in there" and there was a "glaring risk of a live electrical circuit".
Once the coffee machine was in the kitchen, Mr Clark asked Ms Blair and Mr McKimmie to retrieve a replacement machine from a storage container outside.
While they were retrieving the replacement machine, Ms Blair and Mr McKimmie heard someone call for assistance. Back in the kitchen, Mr McKimmie said he saw Mr Clark lying on the ground with his arm stuck in the dishwasher.
"His face was blue," a teary Mr McKimmie said.
Once the cafe's power was switched off, Mr Clark's arm was moved and staff started CPR. Mr McKimmie said he didn't see water near Mr Clark, but there were two electrocution marks on his arm.
Ms Blair said that it was two hours before the paramedics arrived at the scene after they were called.
Mr Gibson told the inquest that the day on which Mr Clark had died was "somewhat of a ... blur".
He said Pyengana Dairy Trading's holding company, Pyengana Dairy Company, was responsible for maintaining assets and he was required to inform them whenever equipment was being repaired or maintained.
"Nobody was trained how to remove a toaster, nobody was trained how to remove a coffee machine," Mr Gibson told the court.
He said when he swept the floor of the kitchen on the night of October 20, 2015 it was "damp" but added that he wasn't sure "what it was from" or when it had become damp.
The inquest continues.