The City of Launceston has listed a number of road closures in Launceston's CBD ahead of the Women's 5km Walk and Run on Sunday, September 15.
Below is a list of street sections that will be closed during the event:
- George Street - between Cimitiere and York streets.
- Paterson Street - between Wellington and George streets.
- Cameron Street - between Charles and Tamar streets.
- Elizabeth Street - between St John and Wellington streets.
- Charles Street - between Cimitiere and Tamar streets.
- York Street - between George Street and the Kingsway.
- Frederick Street - between Charles and St John streets.
- Brisbane Street - between the Kingsway and Earl Street.
- Tamar Street - between Cimitiere and Brisbane Street.
- St John Street - between Cimitiere and Frederick streets.
The streets will be closed between 7.30am and 11.30am.
The Women's 5km Walk and Run is aimed at raising awareness for all cancers and encourages active and healthy behaviour.
The run commences at 10am starting and finishing at City Park.
- WHAT: Women's 5km Walk/Run Event
- WHEN: Sunday, September 15, run starts at 10am
- WHERE: Start and finish at City Park, Launceston
- REGISTER: womens5k.com