Legendary football identity Danny Frawley has had a massive impact on the football community in Tasmania and across the country.
The man known as "Spud" never forgot his regional roots but his affable manner made him a friendly face when he was beamed into television screens and his voice was heard across radio waves.
Frawley died after a one-car crash at Ballarat on Monday.
IN OTHER NEWS
SPUD'S CAREER AT A GLANCE
- Recruited from St Patrick's Ballarat
- St Kilda Football Club - 1984-1995 240 games, 13 goals
- Captain 1987-1995, second longest serving captain
- Victoria - 11 games from 1987-1994
- St Kilda best and fairest - 1988
- All Australian - 1988
- St Kilda's hall of fame - 2007
- Coached Richmond 2000-04 - 45 wins, 68 losses
- Fox Footy, co-host of Bounce with Jason Dunstall and Cameron Mooney
- 1116 SEN Footy team on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons