A man who caused a siege at Prospect Vale last year will have his eligibility for a court mandated drug program assessed.
Caine Robert Richardson pleaded guilty to possession of dangerous things, possess or use a firearm or firearm part while subject to a firearms prohibition order and two counts of obstructing police when he appeared in the Launceston Supreme Court on Monday.
Richardson had petrol, candles, lighters and a stun gun at his Westbury Road address on November 10.
The Prospect Vale man refused to exit the house, despite police requests.
The court heard Richardson also willfully obstructed police by refusing to disarm himself of scissors and a knife.
IN OTHER NEWS
Defence lawyer Evan Hughes told the court there'd been ongoing discussions with the facilitators of the court mandated drug program about Richardson's desire to access the service.
Mr Hughes said Richardson's drug addiction and mental health issues worked in tandem.
Richardson, 30, tried to get help from a facility prior to the November incident because his mental health had been deteriorating, the court heard.
Mr Hughes said Richardson's psychological breakdown was amplified by his use of illicit drugs, including ice.
The court heard Richardson's demonstrable history of drug use was evident in his prior conditions, but steps had been taken to hopefully secure him a place in the drug program.
Crown prosecutor Peter Sherriff told the court there was no opposition to Richardson being assessed for the program.
Justice Robert Pearced ordered Richardson be assessed for the court mandated drug program.
The court heard the report takes about four weeks to be completed, with Richardson remanded in custody to reappear in the Launceston Supreme Court for facts and sentence on November 18.
- Lifeline: 13 11 14