Blustery Windsor Park conditions meant it wasn't one-way traffic, but Launceston continued their undefeated 2019 with a 12.17 (89) to 1.2 (8) win over Tigers.
A multiple-goal breeze kept the flag favourites quieter than their lofty standards early, establishing a 13-point lead at the first break but the floodgates were opened as the ends switched, with the Blues piling on five majors.
ELSEWHERE IN SPORT
- Hockey: Sun's star rises as Budgeon gets opportunity
- Basketball Tasmania trades barbs with Southern Huskies over reasons behind demise
- TSL: Blues bash Roos, keep home final hopes intact
- NTFA Premier Division: Tigers' roar overpowers the Sharks' bite
- Northern Hawks seal home decider, Cavs keep the dream alive from State League finals
Tigers kept Launceston to only two majors in the third term in club stalwart Cara Brooke's 50th outing, showing grit as the fifth-placed team looked stronger than a side that's won two games.
Coming home with the wind, the Blues showed why they are the competition's benchmark as Abbey Green piled on four goals for the game and North Melbourne's Chloe Haines chipped in with three.
Launceston host Clarence next week to continue their ground-breaking season as the young Tigers outfit face North Launceston at Twin Ovals.
Launceston 12.17 (89) d Tigers 1.2 (8)
L'ton goals: Green 4, C.Haines 3, Bannister 2, K.Hill 1, Dickson 1, L.Haines 1
Tigers goals: Baldwin
L'ton best: K.Hill, Thuringer, Dickson, L.Haines, C.Haines, Bannister
Tigers best: Clifford, Neal, Brereton, Brooke, Odwogo, Baldwin
Subscriptions are available here.
Sign up to our Sport emailhere.
Know a junior sport star? Make a nomination for our 2019 Junior Sports Awards here.