North Launceston has suffered its first-ever State League loss to Kingborough after a 9.10 (64) to 6.10 (46) result at Kingston.
The Tigers led at every change and held a 21-point buffer early in the last term before returning forward Ben Elmer chimed in with two goals to give the Northern Bombers some hope.
RELATED: Blues soar into top three
Inspired by gun midfielder Kieran Lovell, the Tigers held out the final 15 minutes and sealed the win with Lachlan Clifford's sixth goal of the season.
The result marked the biggest upset of the season to date and came in stark contrast to North Launceston's 113-point win when the two sides met in round eight.
"We weren't expecting it either," Bombers coach Taylor Whitford said.
"Our effort was deplorable. I questioned my guys at half time where their mentality was at.
"We were getting beaten heavily on the inside of the contest and getting beaten on the outside, the stats were pretty level and sometimes in our favour but they were just better for longer.
"In the third and last we did try a little bit, I think we kicked two goals each in the last quarter, but by then the game's gone."
Whitford was the standout on a disappointing day for the two-time reigning premiers, kicking three of his side's first four majors, while young duo Connor Pearton and Xavier Todman both fought hard.
The Bombers will next meet Clarence at home.
"The guys are going to have to come ready to go," Whitford said.
"We're going to have to put in a mountain of work - we've got to learn from what we didn't do today."
- Tigers 2.1, 5.4, 7.6, 9.10 (64)
- North Launceston 1.2, 2.5, 4.9, 6.10 (46)
- GOALS, Tigers : E. Reardon 3, T. Carter 2, L. Clifford 1, L. Graham 1, K. Lovell 1, B. Adams 1
- North Launceston : T. Whitford 3, B. Elmer 2, K. Wadley 1
- BEST, Tigers : K. Lovell, J. Drew, W. Poland, B. Adams, T. Carter, S. Rice
- North Launceston : T. Whitford, D. Bannister, J. Ponting, C. Young, K. Wadley, C. Pearton