The Tassie Tigers will start and finish their inaugural Hockey One season at home.
The fixtures for the new-look national competition were announced on Tuesday with the Tasmanian franchise hosting matchdays in Hobart against Adelaide Fire (on October 5), HC Melbourne (October 27) and Perth Thundersticks (November 2).
Hockey Tasmania chief executive Damian Smith said he was expecting sell-out crowds at the Tasmanian Hockey Centre.
ALSO IN SPORT:
"It's fantastic for us to play our first games as the Tassie Tigers in the new national league in front of a massive supportive home crowd," he said. "Eddie Ockenden, Josh Beltz and Jack Welch will lead our men, who will go into the season as one of the favourites, while our women will test themselves against a very strong Adelaide Fire team that boasts a number of world-class Hockeyroos.
"There will truly be something for everyone. I think Tasmanian sports-lovers are in for a real treat with literally the best hockey players in the world playing right here in our backyard."
- Round 1: Bye
- Round 2 (from 5pm, Saturday, October 5): v Adelaide Fire, Hobart
- Round 3 (from 1pm, Saturday, October 12): v NSW Pride, Sydney
- Round 4 (from 7pm, Friday, October 18): v Brisbane Blaze, Brisbane
- Round 5 (from 2pm, Sunday, October 20): v Canberra Chill, Canberra
- Round 6 (from 2pm, Sunday, October 27): v HC Melbourne, Hobart
- Round 7 (from 2pm, Saturday, November 2): v Perth Thundersticks, Hobart
Subscriptions are available here.
Sign up to our Sport email here.
Know a junior sport star? Make a nomination for our 2019 Junior Sports Awards here.