This is sponsored content for Cityprom Inc.
Winter gets warm and delicious with Soupalicious!
It's the competition running for the month of July, when diners at Launceston's cafes, restaurants and takeaways name the city's favourite winter soup.
Cityprom are bowled over by the response from cafes, restaurants and ready-to-eat food outlets, with 13 taking up the challenge and serving their best soup every day throughout July.
"There's been a buzz of excitement about the idea, and some great soups going on the menu," says Amanda McEvoy, who is member engagement officer for Cityprom.
The winning café receives $500 worth of radio advertising.
Cafes taking part display a Soupalicious poster in their window and are listed on the Winterlicious website.
Diners are invited to purchase soups throughout July and vote on the most 'Soupalicious' entry on Cityprom's Winterlicious website. Voters go into the draw for a Winter Goodies Hamper.
Work in Central Launceston? Forget packed lunches and go Soupalicious for the month!
There's something to warm the cockles of every diner's heart, with gluten free, vegetable and vegan options as well as traditional broths, chowders and Asian noodle soups. Check the offers page on the Winterlicious website for other discount specials!
- The Metz's creamy seafood chowder showcases local seafood and Kipfler potatoes with a house sourdough and lemon cheek - gluten free and dine-in for lunch or dinner.
- Your lunch turns into a pumpkin soup in the centre of town at takeaway and eat-in diner Café Bon Appetit on Charles Street.
- Chopstick and slurp it at Saigon Kitchen on Brisbane Street, with a traditional Vietnamese pho soup with beef scotch fillet and noodles.
- Get a little bit ooh-la-la at at Bryher, with their version of pot-au-feu. One of France's most celebrated dishes, it's now on George Street - meat and vegetables in a clear bouillon.
- Neil Pitt's Menswear keeps a man smartly turned out and well fed, with the in-store café serving a chicken barley broth for gentleman and lady diners on Brisbane Street.
- Keep it warm and good for the soul, with a home-style chicken soup with fresh lemon and carefully balanced spices and house baked Turkish bread - at ZuuZu Coffee Bar and Takeaway on Cameron Street.
- A rich red lentil and vegie soup at Festivus Cafe on Brisbane Street has a touch of chilli, Indian spices, slow roasted tomatoes and seasonal vegies, with local baked sourdough or house made muffin.
- Japan's favourite noodle soup - beef brisket ramen with black garlic - is a meal in a bowl at Pachinko in the Quadrant Street Mall.
- Warming spice flavours are percolating at the Lotus Thai Vegan House, with a hearty tom yum Asian style broth.
- Get wholesome and nutritious with spice notes at Earthy Eats, whose chicken bone broth is flavoured with turmeric, lemon and ginger.
- A Tuscan tomato soup is velvety and wholesome with a European twist at Mojo's on the Avenue, Brisbane Street.
- Go Italian at the Charles Street Pantry with a magnificent minestrone.
- Rounding off the heartiness, the folk at Samuel Pepys Café are laying on a hearty beef and vegetable soup in their bigger premises on George Street - where everything is gluten-free!
Purchase and try from the choice of soups during July and cast your vote at the Winterlicious website.
The winning café, and recipient of the Winter Goodies Hamper are both announced on Monday August 5.
This is sponsored content from Cityprom Inc.