A three-year-old girl from the state's North West Coast has become the second Tasmanian to be diagnosed with meningococcal B this year, and the third meningococcal case in total for 2019.
A Health Department spokesman said the girl from Spreyton had recovered and was discharged from the Royal Hobart Hospital on Friday, after being diagnosed with the disease last weekend.
It comes after a 10-month-old from Launceston was diagnosed with the B strain in April.
A Huon Valley man was diagnosed with the W strain in March.
Last year Tasmania experienced a local outbreak of meningococcal W disease prompting a program to vaccinate all Tasmanians aged 20 and under against the A, C, W and Y strains of disease.
The state government has maintained it will continue to wait on the advice of public health experts before funding a meningococcal B vaccine.
The B vaccine is only available with a private prescription for about $125, with two injections needed for full protection.
A Health Department spokesman said public health authorities would continue to work with the Australian Government to "support the national process that enables safe, effective vaccines to be made widely available to the population".
The position has been backed by the Australian Medical Association Tasmania branch.
"The AMA believes the decision needs to based on the expert advice from public health and infectious diseases specialists, to make sure that we are continuing to appropriately target the vaccination program," AMA Tasmania branch president John Burgess said.
There were five cases of W strain in the state last year, two cases of Y strain and four cases of B strain.
In March, Coroner Simon Cooper recommended the government's free immunisation against the A, C, W and Y strains of disease, be extended to cover the B strain as well.
Children now routinely receive free meningococcal ACWY vaccination at 12 months of age under the National Immunisation Program, as do children in year 10 at school.
Anyone born after August 1, 1997 who is at least six weeks old remains eligible for free meningococcal ACWY vaccination while vaccine stocks last from their GP or some council clinics.
A public health response was initiated following the latest case, to ensure the risk of secondary infection among close contacts was minimised.
People who have not been in prolonged, close contact with a case of meningococcal disease are not at increased risk.