A woman found guilty of murdering Aaron Matthew Monaco might be appealing her conviction, her sentence or both, a court has heard.
Belinda Leone Colbran, of Ravenswood, appeared in the Hobart Supreme Court on Wednesday.
Her lawyer, Jessie Sawyer, told the court her client would like to appeal on the ground there were incompetence issues throughout the trial, sighting issues the killer raised not being used as one of the grounds.
"She is obviously quite passionate about this and wants to pursue it," Ms Sawyer said.
Colbran also claimed psychologist and psychiatrist reports were not used, but Ms Sawyer said she needed to make some inquiries as she only took instructions from her client on Wednesday.
Justice Helen Wood said Ms Sawyer would need to ascertain if there was merit in it, but was conscious of bringing Colbran back soon so the appeal could be heard in the August sitting.
Colbran's boyfriend Nathan Thomas Smith stabbed Mr Monaco six times on November 4, 2016, after the victim got into a verbal argument with the couple.
Mr Monaco had been living at Smith's Newnham unit and Colbran was angry he'd overstayed his welcome, had no regard for her boyfriend's property and didn't pay rent.
The couple had been drinking and smoking marijuana at Colbran's Ravenswood house prior to catching a taxi to Smith's Newnham unit.
Shortly after Mr Monaco was stabbed, he was found at a neighbour's door "soaked in blood".
Smith plead guilty to murder and Colbran was found guilty of murder by a jury.
Colbran and Smith were both sentenced to 24 years' jail, with Colbran eligible for parole after 13 years and Smith after 14.
Crown prosecutor John Ransom asked for clarification as to whether the appeal would be for the conviction or sentence.
Ms Sawyer said it would be both based on her instructions, but later down the track it may change to one or the other.
The appeal was adjourned until June 28.