The development application for the proposed Gorge Hotel will be re-advertised for a third time after the City of Launceston council made another mistake.
The council was made aware that one of the six site notices required by the Land Use Planning Approval Act had been incorrectly displayed on the site.
It is the third time the application has been advertised after the council became aware that at least one resident had not been contacted about the original application.
City of Launceston council general manager Michael Stretton said incidents like this were extremely rare.
"As a planning authority, we handle and process more than 700 development applications a year," he said.
"We are still very confident that the matter will be determined by the council on June 13 as originally planned."
Mr Stretton said he was aware the hotel was a significant proposal for Launceston and it would be a development application that would be highly scrutinised by the public.
"Unfortunately, in our haste to have the original matter resolved, one of the temporary location signs on the site was incorrectly displayed on the wrong boundary line," he said.
"Concerns were raised with us by a member of the public about the location of that sign, and we have decided to err on the side of caution and re-advertise the DA once more."
IN OTHER NEWS:
The council is cognisant of avoiding a situation where an appeal could be lodged in the future on minor matters of contention, Mr Stretton said.
"While this DA has received prominent media attention, it has been publicly advertised twice already, and has understandably been the subject of much community discussion, we are at pains to ensure every possible appropriate notification is undertaken to allow the public to be informed of the proposal."
Mr Stretton said he had personally contacted the developer and the council would again be contacting people who had made submissions to update them on the process.
"All representors have been contacted and asked to resubmit, which may be as simple as resending their original email to the Council," he said.
The $50 million hotel is being put forward by the JAC Group. It would be 145 rooms and have a 500-people conference centre, 200-seat bar and restaurant, function rooms, rooftop cocktail bar, day spa and gym.
Parking for 175 vehicles is also planned.
The application was originally advertised on April 13, and again on May 11. The third application will be advertised on Saturday, May 18.
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTERS HERE: