A national Anglican participation group on Thursday is expected to grant approval for the Anglican Church of Tasmania to participate in the national redress scheme for survivors of institutional child sexual abuse.
Under legislation, a national company had to be formed by the church to handle redress payments.
Tasmanian Anglican Bishop Richard Condie said he expected the state sector of the church to be part of the scheme by the end of March after documents were provided to the Social Services Department.
It is anticipated the church would need to provide $8 million to successful applicants to the scheme.
Reverend Condie last year criticised the framework used to calculate scheme repayments and said it wasn't in line with that recommended by the Royal Commission.
A maximum payment for an abuse survivor is set at $150,000 for penetrative abuse.
Other payments are set in accordance to the severity of abuse inflicted.
The highest amount a victim could receive for contact abuse is $50,000 and for $20,000 for exposure abuse.