All swimmers are welcome to enter the Riverside Aquatic regional medal meet.
Entries were due to close on Monday, February 11, for the friendly race meet on Saturday, February 16, at the popular 33-metre outdoor pool.
In a rule change this year, state medal winners from the past 12 months are eligible to compete but only in the two-lap events.
Non-medal winners and non-club swimmers are welcome to compete in the one-lap and two-lap events.
The meet is a chance for non-club swimmers to have a taste of competitive racing.
Medals are presented to first, second and third place-getters.
Entry is $5 a race.
Club swimmers can enter online. Non-club swimmers should email email@example.com with the entrant’s full name, date of birth and the distance and stroke events they wish to enter.
The club has said that no entries will be accepted on the day.
The 72-event program includes one-lap (33m) and two-lap (66m) races in all four main strokes of butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle.
The events will be in the following age categories for males and females: 10 and under; 11-12 years; 13-14 years; 15-16 years; and open.
Warm up on February 16 is at 8.30am with competition from 9am.
- Feb 16: Riverside Regional Medal Meet.
- Feb 17: Tas ocean swim series, Old Pier, Bridport, 11am.
- Feb 17: Time trial, Hobart.
- Feb 23-24: Development squad clinic, Launceston.
- Feb 23: Time trial, Launceston.
- Feb 24: Tasmanian open water championships, Seven Mile Beach.
- March 2: Huon Valley medal meet.