The Esk Valley Orienteering Club’s Summer Cup will return this weekend, with eight events to be held across the region over nine days.
An initiative of the club’s first international coach in residence, Jeremy Genar – from Belgium – the series is open to all ages and experience levels.
Participants can enter any number of the events, with discounts for concessions and those planning to run all eight.
IN OTHER NEWS
Routes are planned by five course planners, including the two current coaches in residence – Katya Savkina and Ksenia Torganovaand of Russia – and two from Devonport’s Pathfinders Club.
Two sprints will take place in Devonport, with a sand dune and street event at Weymouth, long and middle distance bush events at Royal George and the Fingal Valley, and sprint events at Cataract Gorge and two school campuses in Launceston.
Daily prizes are up for grabs along with spot prizes, an overall winner, and surprises at some of the shorter courses.
The Esk Valley Orienteering Club’s Summer Cup events:
- Saturday, January 12 – Tiagarra, Devonport Aquatic Centre (Sprint); The Bluff, Devonport (Sprint)
- Sunday, January 13 – Weymouth (Sprint)
- Tuesday, January 15 – Cataract Gorge, Launceston (Sprint)
- Wednesday, January 16 – Scotch Oakburn College, Launceston (Sprint)
- Thursday, January 17 – Brooks High School (Sprint)
- Saturday, January 19 – St Pauls, Royal George (Long)
- Sunday, January 20 – Rajah Rocks, Fingal Valley (Middle)
While you're with us, you can now sign up to receive breaking news updates and daily headlines direct to your inbox. Sign up here.