An even spread of contributors is pleasing North Launceston coach Taylor Whitford.
The reigning premiers are flying along with an 8-1 win-loss record following a commanding 62-point win over Glenorchy at KGV on Saturday – sending them two games clear of second-placed Launceston.
Seasoned Northern Bombers defender Jay Foon was back to his damaging best and secured maximum votes in the State League player of the year award.
Young gun Sherrin Egger again stood out against the falling Pies along with energetic utility Josh Ponting.
“It’s good to see players getting rewarded that haven’t necessarily had their best season to date, but are starting to play good footy,” Whitford said.
“We’ve played Jay on the wing and at times on the ball this year to have different looks. Other coaches make the point as well that you can’t have the same look every week, you need to try different things and challenge players in different situations.
“But Jay has gone back the past two weeks and played his best two games of the season, which is good to see that he can play a variety of positions for us.”
Fledgling Blue Jared Dakin picked up a vote in Launceston’s loss to Lauderdale down south.
ROUND 10 VOTES
Lauderdale v Launceston
- 3: Phil Bellchambers (Lauderdale)
- 2: Nat Franklin (Lauderdale)
- 1: Jared Dakin (Launceston)
Clarence v North Hobart
- 3: Ryan Bailey (Clarence)
- 2: Alex Silver (Clarence)
- 1: Nick Lee (North Hobart)
Glenorchy v North L’ton
- 3: Jay Foon (North)
- 2: Sherrin Egger (North)
- 1: Josh Ponting (North)
- 9: Ryan Bailey (Clarence)
- 8: Taylor Whitford (North Launceston)
- 7: Daniel Joseph (Glenorchy)
- 6: Tom Bennett, Tom Couch, Sherrin Egger (North Launceston)
- 5: Phil Bellchambers (Lauderdale), Jake Cox (Clarence), Brodie Palfreyman, Mitch Thorp (Launceston).