The winners of the East Coast’s Great Eastern Driver Awards have been announced.
East Coast Tourism chief executive Ruth Dowty said there was both a record number of entries and attendance at this year’s award gala dinner, which took place at White Sands Estate on Saturday night.
“The awards play a vital role in encouraging business excellence and innovation in tourism, while recognising those operators who were helping to make the East Coast of Tasmania a must visit destination,” she said.
Ms Dowty said judges looked for creative business planning and achievement, business growth and future planning, commitment to customer service, and general excellence at a business and personal level that contributes to tourism and the wider community.
This year’s winners of the 2018 Great Eastern Driver Awards were:
- Accomodation winners were Bay of Fires Bush Retreat
- Visitor Experience winners were ALL4Adventure and East Coast Cruises.
- Food, Wine and Retail winners were Freycinet Lodge.
- New Great Eastern Driver winners were Apartments on Fraser Bicheno.
- Destination Action Plan Initiative winners were Spring Bay Tourism Group.
- Great Eastern Drive Event of the Year winners were Bicheno Food and Wine Festival.
- The 2018 Great Eastern Driver Award winner was Jenny Logie.