Harvest Launceston will review its cancellation policy for bad weather, president Simon McInerney said.
On Friday afternoon, the committee decided to cancel Saturday’s market due to predicted high winds.
It was the first time the market had been fully cancelled in its seven-year history.
Mr McInerney said the decision was made “purely with safety in mind”.
“Wind is always going to be an issue, especially with so many marquees and tents,” he said.
“All the tents and marquees are weighted, but even with strong winds they can be problematic. Especially during set up and pack down.”
Mr McInerney said because the winds were not as bad as expected, about a dozen stalls set up on Saturday with “reasonable” results.
“We will review the decision with stallholders to see how we can do it better if and when it happens next time,” he said.
The market is expected to return on Saturday.