Tasmania Police say the cause of a structure fire in Hadspen on Friday night was accidental.
A fire scene examiner has attended the scene and believed a small electronic hand-held device may have been involved, Tasmania Police Sergeant Ben Kromkamp said.
“This is a timely reminder, especially with holidays and Christmas approaching, even small electronic devices can become an ignition source if faulty,” he said.
“Members of the community should be vigilant with not leaving electronic devices unattended for any length of time.”
There is still no estimate of the cost for the damaged caused, but the property suffered extensive damage to both the residence and items inside.
A social media post, on Facebook, is asking for residents around Hadspen to keep an eye out for a cat that went missing during a house fire.
Wilson the inside Bengal cat is “much loved”, the post said. He is not wearing a collar.
Multiple Tasmania Fire Service crews attended a structure fire at Hadspen on Friday night.
About 11.30pm crews were called to the blaze, which was quickly extinguished.
Occupants of the house were home at the time, but escaped without physical injuries.
The house has received “major” structural damage, with the estimated cost unknown at this stage.
A fire investigator is currently at the scene with Tasmania Police.
Four Tasmania Fire Service vehicles were at the scene on Saturday morning.
MORE TO COME