· $46.00 P/H + Pens.
· Immediate Starts.
· Mon – Fri Day & / Or Afternoon Shifts.
Sydney Light Rail Mechanical Maintenance Technician Job Description:
Our valued rail services client is a one of the leading Australian supplier of rail vehicles & maintenance services suppliers.
An opportunity exists for a Certified Electrical Or Mechanical Maintenance tech to join their team on a Mon – Fri shift basis, located at a Sydney CBD Light Rail maintenance centre.
Role Tasks & Duties:
The role includes but not limited to:
- Carrying out preventative and corrective maintenance on all aspects of rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan and in line with client policies and procedures.
- Testing, diagnosing and conducting repairs of electronic, mechanical and electrical components, including the HVAC systems. Fault finding using electrical & mechanical schematics.
- Inspecting bodywork, roofs and undercarriages for wear and tear or damage.
- Warranty, repairing or replacing components and parts.
- Carrying out regular checks on brakes and couplings.
- Taking apart, testing and reassembling mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Writing reports and updating the Maintenance Management System to reflect the status of tasks.
- Recording material movements.
- Ensuring tasks carried out meet the quality requirements of the relevant Railway standards.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks and duties as requested by management.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with all Australians health and safety, quality and environmental legislative requirements.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner in line with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality consciousness. Advise management of any changes in materials, plant or processes which may impact on safety, quality or the environment, as well as any improvements that could advance the clients quality and environmental performance.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Australian Trade Diploma in Electrical Or Mechanical Fitting essential, (A Grade Electrical License Or Dual Trade dual highly desirable)
- Heavy industrial Fitters (Mining, Aviation, Naval, Earth / Mobile Plant, Bus industry & light automotive) are eligible to apply.
- Previous experience on bus vehicles, lorry freight maintenance or service activities highly desirable.
- Proven strong skill set & ability in PLC fault finding, diagnostics / trouble shooting & rectification advantageous.
- Must be able read, comprehend and apply technical drawings, high level of record keeping.
- Ability to proactively organise / prioritise work task in a professional efficient manner both in an autonomous and team workshop.
- High level communications and interpersonal skills.
- High level problem solving skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to further their knowledge and skills with additional training.
- Passing a pre-employment medical.
- Australian fulltime working rights.
- The business is subject to the public health order requirements which are released or changed from time to time.
What Is On Offer?
- $46.00 P/H + Pens.
- Immediate starts.
- Mon – Fri Day &/Or Afternoon shifts.
In return the successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in a great team environment at an organisations Sydney CBD Light Rail maintenance centre.
If this role attracts your interest, we look forward to hearing from you so please either apply via seek or email your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org