Your new company
My client is a global company working on environmental and built development, infrastructure, in over 100 countries employing thousands and thousands of people around the world.
They have multiple offices in Melbourne and Australia.
Your new role
To deliver professional structural engineering drafting and modelling services to clients, ensuring all documentation meets professional standards and statutory requirements.
The Structural Draftsperson will also work effectively within project teams to ensure expected outcomes for clients and key stakeholders are met, delivered on time and within budget.
- Drafting of residential, commercial and industrial projects including medium rise (up to 5 story) and high-end residential buildings.
- Drafting of projects including bridges (roads and pedestrian), retaining walls and similar structures.
- Assist with the documentation of projects for the wider Buildings unit as required.
- Compliance with the relevant codes and standards including the BCA.
- Ensure all documentation is checked and approved by the relevant manager prior to forwarding to the relevant authorities.
- Preparation of tender documents and technical specifications for distribution.
- As required, undertake site inspections for individual projects to ensure site conditions are considered in the design process.
- Attend meetings with local authorities and stakeholders to negotiate project outcomes as required.
- Maintain knowledge and competence in the use of Revit, AutoCAD and other software deemed necessary to complete projects, as well as the relevant Australian Drafting Standards.
- Promote and provide a safe working environment for all team members.
- Maintain appropriate professional relationships and networks within the industry.
- Ensure professional standards are maintained and company objectives in relation to budget targets, service quality, reputation, OH&S and environmental standards are met.
What you'll need to succeed
- A relevant drafting qualification or relevant recent industry experience.
- Autodesk Revit certification highly regarded.
- At least 3 – 5 years’ industry experience.
- Experience with structural drafting software such as Revit and AutoCAD.
- Experience drafting commercial and medium rise (up to 5 storey) residential buildings, with some experience of high end residential structural designs.
- Exposure to infrastructure projects including bridges (roads and pedestrian), retaining walls and similar structures.
- Knowledge of relevant Australian Drafting Codes and Standards including the BCA.
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to provide effective professional consulting services to clients, authorities, government agencies and other related consultancies.
- Experience with and understanding of Quality, OHS and Environmental management systems.
What you'll get in return
This is your opportunity to join a global organisation with a wide range of projects and work with an amazing team of professional in an expanding business.
This company offers flexibility, collaboration, great team culture and value their employees.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com, or call Kim now on 0481545905
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2665652