Your new company
An international mining house that is at the forefront of the extraction of coal is seeking a Risk Specialist required to support Superintendents and the wider Maintenance Department in risk management processes.
Your new role
Reporting to the Maintenance Contracts Superintendent your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Build stakeholder understanding of risk management processes and activities
- Facilitate, develop and complete risk assessment documentation in conjunction with stakeholders
- Coordinate development of Safe Work Instructions (SWI’s) for regular work activities
- Develop and implement practices to improve risk management processes and activities
- Provide support to stakeholders to navigate internal risk management systems, requirements and expectations
- Support completion of Critical Control Effectiveness Tests and Critical Control Verification where required
- Provide regular reporting to stakeholders on material risk management and improvement opportunities
- Provide recommendations on risk management improvements through analysis and reporting
- Support CMF processes for contract partner engagements
- Auditing of risk management systems
- Participate and contribute to field leadership activities
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements;
- Relevant qualifications\experience in Health, Safety and/or Risk management;
- S1, S2, S3 and G2;
- S11 and CMB;
- Demonstrated experience working autonomously in a fast-paced environment managing competing priorities.
- Strong engaging and influencing skills with the ability to coach leaders in the field;
- Intermediate hands-on knowledge of how to use Microsoft Office applications (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- High level attention to detail, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Professional writing and verbal communication skills in addition to active listening skills
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility, and sustainably development.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team alongside a range of diverse individuals
What you'll get in return
This position is needed for a 6-month period. Working Monday to Friday on site with flexible options offered. Candidate will be DIDO to Bowen Basin or FIFO from Brisbane.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role please send an update copy of your CV to Alison burnett through the “apply now” button
LHS 297508 #2626729