About the role
Reporting to the Reliability Superintendent, you will be responsible for identifying and managing asset reliability risks across the plant and business operations. This is achieved by developing and improving maintenance strategies and tactics for the Fixed Plant and Energy Recovery Unit (ERU) at the Operation. The role will also analyse asset performance and develop, execute, and monitor improvement initiatives.
Other accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Use asset strategies and tactics development processes, namely reliability centred maintenance (RCM) and planned maintenance optimization (PMO) to identify maintenance required for achieving asset reliability and for developing accurate maintenance budgets
- Ensure all equipment requiring legislative and statutory inspections and/or maintenance is identified and captured in SAP
- Ensure adequate information for executing maintenance strategies and tactics is captured in task lists and work instructions for performing precision maintenance in a safe, efficient and effective manner
- Lead defect elimination (DE) initiatives by analysing asset and maintenance data to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement, and use root cause analysis (RCA) methodologies to identify root causes
- Facilitate root cause analysis (RCA) for events which significantly impact asset reliability and maintainability at the Operation and implement permanent corrective actions that decrease the probability of reoccurrence
- Oversee the continuous and effective management of critical risk areas (like arc flash risks);
- Assess and action asset health data for critical equipment to improve plant and equipment reliability
- Utilize a metrics dashboard to report asset reliability performance and to verify that continuous improvement is occurring
- Develop, perform and coordinate High Voltage Switching Operations
- Champion safety through observation, intervention and direction for the development and execution of safety improvements
About your experience
You are a results focused individual with a strong focus on safety and quality. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with multiple groups of internal stakeholders, contractors and other specialists.
You will also have:
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Relevant post-secondary certificates required for respective trade / work discipline in local jurisdiction
- Detailed knowledge of principles and concepts related to operating and maintaining Fixed Plant and HV reticulation assets
- Experience working with Distributed Control Systems, Instrumentation, AC/DC Motors, Electronic Drives, Protection Relays and PLC’s
- Training and/or exposure to root cause analysis (RCA) techniques, reliability centered maintenance (RCM) and planned maintenance optimization (PMO) processes
- Experience with SAP
About our team
GFG Alliance has an agile, entrepreneurial culture with high energy, strong levels of ambition, and sustainable growth plans. This brings opportunities for GFG’s people and businesses to flourish and develop. We work with our people to determine how we can grow our business and our future.
Liberty Bell Bay is Australia's only ferro-alloy producer, operating four electric arc furnaces and a Sinter Plant to produce high-carbon ferromanganese, silicomanganese and sinter.
About Bell Bay
This role will be based at Bell Bay, 50km north of Launceston. Tasmania offers a unique lifestyle choice with short commute times, easy access to a wide range of leisure activities, affordable housing, well-regarded schools, a vibrant cultural and sporting scene and welcoming communities.
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.