APS 6 Counsellor | Open Arms | Launceston
Here is your chance to give back! Open Arms is Australia’s leading provider of mental health assessment and counselling for Australian veterans and their families. As a ‘Counsellor’ within this federal government department, you will play a key role in making a substantial difference in the lives of veterans and their families in Hobart
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a mental health professional, all intervention implemented will be evidence based with tried and proven results. With the patient and their wellbeing at the forefront of your thinking, you will:
- Provide high quality clinical services including assessment; referral; and evidence based individual, couple and family counselling
- Deliver complex case management services
- Liaise and form partnerships with key external stakeholders
- Promote community development and services
- Participate in Open Arms program evaluation and research activities
- Clinical Psychologist / Psychologist must have AHPRA / Accredited Mental Health Social Worker must have AASW & hold Mental Health Accreditation with AASW
- Minimum 3 years experience with clinical case management
- Defence Force or Veterans Affairs knowledge an advantage
- Must be an Australian citizen (federal government requirement)
- $65 p/h + 10% superannuation, paid weekly
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (37.5 hours / week) 1 year initial contract with view to extend
- Numerous discounts and benefits associated with being an employee of Randstad (including fuel, health, fitness and shopping)
- Provide meaningful support and enhance mental health & wellbeing of this community of veterans, defence members & their families
- Supportive team environment
HOW TO APPLY:
If this position is of interest, please click the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button for your CV to join our application process immediately.
Or, contact us your way:
Phone: 1300 289 817 to discuss the role or have a confidential discussion regarding opportunities and your professional journey.
Our promise is to assist you in maximising your opportunities while minimising your stress!
At Randstad, Health & Social Care we are your trusted career partners - we take the hard work out of finding your dream job. As proven healthcare advisors we can ensure you make connections across employers of choice.