About the role
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the production plan and schedule for Furnace / Sinter / ERU operational activities are executed to achieve planned and established Production targets, whilst ensuring all activities are undertaken with a focus on safety and to ensure statutory compliance of the operation.
To do this you will:
- Oversee department production operations and staffing to reach department production targets
- Oversee and coordinate the execution of department production activities with other functions to decrease unscheduled down time
- Review production performance for previous 24 hours, and work collaboratively with other Superintendents and functions to identify reasons for variance and determine actions to deliver the next 24 hours of production and weekly production plan
- Ensure compliance to operating standards and execute the role of a critical control owner for each assigned Material / Fatal Risk in accordance with the Risk Management Standard
- Facilitates the investigation of both safety and production related events to identify the root cause and implement measures to reduce the future impact
- Demonstrate compliance to the Management Operating System (MOS) by role modelling and setting clear expectations for disciplined planning, delivery, accountability and urgency. Coaches and measures functional, sub-functional and individual role accountabilities and performance against the MOS
- Monthly Review Meeting, reviews department operational performance for previous month and approve actions required to achieve EOY targets
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports to deliver on plan and build a high performing team that is safety oriented.
About your experience
You will have proven experience leading a large team of professionals with a focus on safety who can collaborate, build productive relationships and take accountability. You will be able to work effectively with a diverse range of people and be able to build capability through coaching and mentoring.
You will also have:
- Trade or Post Graduate qualifications in Engineering, Sciences or Business
- Certificate IV – Leadership and Management (Frontline Leadership) or equivalent - ideal
- Demonstrated experience in managing large teams
- Demonstrated experience in high level decision-making that directly impacts an operation
- Financial skills to assess business impact/results of initiatives.
- Strong safety and customer focus
- Strong stakeholder management, communication and negotiation skills
- Passion to challenge the status quo and a focus on results
- Demonstrated experience in driving process improvements initiatives
- Have the demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross functional team orientated environment at all levels of the organisation
About our team
GFG Alliance has an agile, entrepreneurial culture with high energy, strong levels of ambition, and sustainable growth plans. This brings opportunities for GFG’s people and businesses to flourish and develop. We work with our people to determine how we can grow our business and our future.
Liberty Bell Bay is Australia's only ferro-alloy producer, operating four submerged arc furnaces and a Sinter Plant to produce high-carbon ferromanganese, silicomanganese and sinter.
About Bell Bay
This role will be based at Bell Bay, 50km north of Launceston. Tasmania offers a unique lifestyle choice with short commute times, easy access to a wide range of leisure activities, affordable housing, well-regarded schools, a vibrant cultural and sporting scene and welcoming communities.
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.