Position: PIG FARMER
Location: Scottsdale, TAS 7260
Tenure: Full-time, Permanent
Comprehensive salary package from $54,000 pa (plus superannuation)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture or higher equivalent
- At least 3 years recent relevant work experience
Position Summary: On behalf of our client, Global Skilled Employment Services is looking for a skilled and experienced Pig Farmer who have strong communication and time management skills, self-motivated and must have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Duties includes management of the daily operation of the farm with minor supervision farm owners – i.e. general operation management, managing from farrow to finish (breeding, farrowing, weaning, and growing), feeding management, administrative tasks, general maintenance, etc. The position may also require skills in leading a small team or groups and ability to train new members of the team. This is a full-time position which may involve weekend work and some unplanned hours of work where the need arises. Other skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Advance knowledge in animal husbandry, animal welfare and legislation, piggery production, and OH&S;
- Knowledge in computer programs/software is an advantage.
Qualified applicants may apply online.