- Global Business + South-Eastern suburbs
- Day Shift Position - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Mon to Fri
- Generous Hourly Rates+ Overtime + $1200 Sign-On bonus
Our client is the world's largest producer of plastic polymers, compounds and resins used as raw materials in the manufacturing of goods for various industries, including Agriculture, Building and Construction, Electrical & Electronics, Packaging, Personal Care and Hygiene, Leisure, and Homewares etc.
They are currently looking for a Maintenance Fitter to join their team on a full-time permanent basis and to assist with maintenance of plant and equipment and project work. This position will primarily involve performing preventative and reactive / breakdown maintenance, providing general technical support to the manufacturing site, as well as some machinery installation/relocation. This is a Day Shift position working from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through to Friday with optional overtime available.
Key responsibilities in these roles will include:
- Perform scheduled/preventative and breakdown maintenance work
- Perform mechanical, rigging, welding and support with instrumentation/electrical tasks associated with plant maintenance
- Provide effective technical support for long and short-term plant and machinery problems
- Assist with the implementation of minor plant changes in collaboration with the Maintenance Supervisor
- Participate in the implementation of the Site's Reliability Strategy
- Assist towards meeting key Reliability KPIs and implementation of performance improvement programs
- Identify, recommend and promote changes directed to technical and engineering improvements
- Coach Machine Operators on basic aspects of machine maintenance/safety
To be successful in these roles you will be expected to have:
- Trade qualifications in Engineering or as a Fitter and Turner or in a relevant Mechanical stream
- Tickets/qualifications for LF Forklift, Rigging, Welding, EWP/Boom, Restricted Electrical D will be looked upon favourably
- Experience in Maintenance or Engineering in a manufacturing environment, including Pumps, Compressors and Process Equipment (Plastic extrusion or related industry an advantage)
- Knowledge of the maintenance of rotating equipment used in the Oil/Chemical industry i.e. pumps, compressors (centrifugal and reciprocating), piping, vacuum conveyors, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with a proactive approach to enhance processes and improve performance, safety and efficiency
Our client will guarantee to give you the training and support you need to set you up for success and growth, including above-market wages, over time, a $1200 starting bonus, and career progression opportunities.
If you are looking for an opportunity to partner with a business that invests in its people and allows you to have creative freedom, then please APPLY NOW!
Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the position further, please contact Michelle on 1300 008 005