- Full-Time Opportunity
- Works Across Launceston & Surrounds
- Fully Maintained Vehicle & Opportunities for Career Progression
Do you have a Carpentry / Building Trade background and the desire to progress your career with an industry leader? Join our growing Launceston team!
- The opportunity to join an organisation with an exciting future
- Stability & job security with an established & respected organisation
- Support & guidance from experienced leaders & room to make this role your own
- A positive & rewarding team culture where great work is recognised & rewarded
- An opportunity to have an impact across the entire business
- A competitive salary & the opportunity to potentially work your way into a partnership
What is a typical day like at the Johns Lyng Group? The answer is never dull. Positioned as one of Australia’s leading Insurance Builders, Johns Lyng Group has been established since 1953, offer stability and security and have a reputation for excellence. Highly talented business units coupled with management’s transparent & honest attitude towards staff make us ready for any building emergency.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of jobs from commencement to completion
- Engage, coordinate & manage trades during the restoration process for buildings damaged by insurable events
- Communicate & negotiate with trades to track the progress of jobs
- Provide regular updates to customers
- Liaise between insured parties & insurance companies
- Coordinate access to properties with insured parties
- Dispute / issue resolution as required
- Ensure all inspection, certificate of final inspection & other relevant documentation is signed off
- Ensure all work conforms to legislative & contractual OHS requirements
- Regular travel around Launceston & surrounds
Key Selection Criteria:
Do you have proven examples of demonstrating drive and energy? Are you extremely motivated and can think outside the box? Do you want the opportunity to potentially work your way into a partnership? Being able to demonstrate and highlight examples of these are the key criteria for you to be successful in joining our existing talented and passionate team. The following selection criteria is also important, but we are happy to teach and mentor you along the way.
- Carpentry or Building Trade background
- Insurance Building experience highly regarded, however not essential
- Excellent communication skills – both written & verbal
- Ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to be empathetic to the needs of the client
- Familiarity with OHS practices, legislation & regulations & current market rates
- Good work ethic & highly motivated
- Strong computer skills & sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to manage multiple & competing priorities
- Current & valid motor vehicle licence
Please note: The successful candidate must have the right to work in Australia, be COVID vaccinated and be prepared to undergo a pre-employment medical examination and criminal background check where required.