Following an announcement by the Tasmanian Government, a Public Health Direction was issued on 10 September 2021 requiring that all Health Workers are vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Applicants for any position within the Department of Health must be prepared to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
Details of Appointment:
Permanent, part time, shift-worker (fully rotational) position working 32 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible.
Fixed term, part time, shift-worker (fully rotational) position working 64 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible until 17 September 2022.
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
Salary: $54,135 to $56,478 pro rata per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Certificate III in Asset Maintenance (Cleaning Operations)
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
- Generic Environmental Cleaner HSO4 (September 2021) HR (3).pdf
- Generic Environmental Cleaner HSO4 (September 2021) HR.docx
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.pdf
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.docx
How to Apply:
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete an application form detailing your experience, skills and knowledge through the addressing of the selection criteria from the Statement of Duties attached above.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information (Contact Officer)
Fiona De Sousa
Position: Nurse Manager - Infection Prevention Control Unit
Phone: (03) 6777 6715
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.