Applicants are advised that in accordance with Tasmanian Public Health Directions, all employees of the Department of Health must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- The NESMH is situated in Scottsdale, North East Tasmania – the gateway to adventure. World class mountain bike trails, magnificent National Parks and beaches are situated in close proximity to the hospital.
- Scottsdale is a well serviced town just one hour from the city of Launceston.
- A collaborative work environment, with opportunities to expand scope of practice in an 18 bed hospital with a 3 bed emergency department.
Details of Appointment
Permanent, part time, shift work (fully rotational), position working 72 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible.
*notwithstanding hours may be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Salary: $61,385 - $67,982 per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with (Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Award/Enrolled Nurse, Grade 2)
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as an Enrolled Nurse (holds a Board-approved qualification in administration of medicines)
*Registration/licences that are essential requirements of this role must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of these may be checked at any time during employment. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that registration/licences remain current and to advise the Employer if their circumstances change. This includes notifying the Employer if a registration/licence is revoked, cancelled or has its conditions altered.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete an application form detailing your experience, skills and knowledge through the addressing of the selection criteria from the Statement of Duties attached above.
- We do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria in the Statement of Duties.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information
Position: Acting Director of Nursing
Phone: (03) 6778 8523
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.