About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Process Control and Improvement, you will be responsible for providing plant wide process control automation, instrumentation and mechatronic based engineering and technical support services.
Other responsibilities include:
- Execution of automation and control projects including remote telemetry, robotics, sequence and equipment control, factory/workshop automation, custom machine automation
- Advise on technical matters relating to the design and use of instrumentation and control systems, and electro-mechanical automation opportunities of existing and new equipment
- Analysis and deployment of technology for efficiency improvements in production, technical and maintenance areas
- Analyse and report the reliability and function of control and automation equipment to its task and make modification recommendations as necessary
- Provision of process optimization and technology adaption services
- Systems design, specification, programming, simulation and testing of control systems and associated technologies
- Provision of technical knowledge to control and instrumentation systems
- Providing out of hours callout support for process technology systems.
About your experience
We are looking for a graduate or an experienced Automation Engineer with a can-do attitude and strong people skills. You will have highly developed computer skills and have the ability to troubleshoot and solve complex problems. We are looking for an individual who can bring lots of energy and will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
You will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical instrumentation engineering, mechatronic engineering, applied science (electronics or physics), or computer systems engineering.
- Experience in engineering for process control systems. Industrial experience preferred.
- Excellent knowledge in mathematical modelling, statistics and science that support process control (physics, chemistry, robotics)
- Technical knowledge in instrumentation systems – including advanced electrical and protection metering, instrumentation devices and complex scientific instruments
- Previous experience in automation engineering, PLC and DCS programming, as well as supporting instrumentation and automation technologies – preferably Honeywell DCS Systems
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and communicate change with relevant stakeholders
- Superior planning skills from task/project inception through the full life cycle
To be eligible for a graduate role, you must be:
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident (or NZ citizen)
- Studying (or studied) at an Australian or New Zealand University a degree in Control Systems engineering / Mechatronic Engineering / Computer Systems Engineering or Science in relevant discipline
- In your final year of study or have graduated in the last 2 years. Please include transcript or recent results with your uploaded CV
About our team
GFG Alliance has an agile, entrepreneurial culture with high energy, strong levels of ambition, and sustainable growth plans. This brings opportunities for GFG’s people and businesses to flourish and develop. We work with our people to determine how we can grow our business and our future.
Liberty Bell Bay is Australia's only ferro-alloy producer, operating four submerged arc furnaces and a Sinter Plant to produce high-carbon ferromanganese, silicomanganese and sinter.
About Bell Bay
This role will be based at Bell Bay, 50km north of Launceston. Tasmania offers a unique lifestyle choice with short commute times, easy access to a wide range of leisure activities, affordable housing, well-regarded schools, a vibrant cultural and sporting scene and welcoming communities.
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.