Senior Community Development Officer
- Join one of the largest organisations of it’s kind in Australia
- Competitive salary, plus other benefits like a monthly rostered day off and NFP salary packaging
- Flexible working arrangements to give you a strong work-life balance
Play a key role in this fantastic community based not for profit organisation, dedicated to building safe, healthy and resilient communities.
Alcohol and Drug Foundation have serviced the community for more than 60 years as Australia’s leading organisation focused on inspiring positive change and delivering evidence-based approaches to minimise Alcohol and Drug harm.
These initiatives reach millions of Australians through sporting clubs, educational institutions, and communities, by supporting and informing drug and alcohol prevention programs, and through the provision of educational information.
There now exists an opportunity to join the Alcohol and Drug Foundation and help them achieve their ambition to change knowledge, attitudes, and practices so that as a community we can prevent and delay uptake amongst young people and strengthen prevention and harm reduction strategies for all.
You will be taking on the role of Senior Community Development Officer for the organisation, reporting directly to the Regional Community Development Manager.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Effectively deliver Alcohol and Drug Foundation programs, utilising different delivery methods to best achieve outcomes and metrics
- Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, able to influence in order to achieve outcomes
- Providing key identified communities with education, advocacy, advice and support to ensure the prevention of alcohol and drug abuse
- Plan, implement, maintain, monitor, and evaluate programs and initiatives
- Utilising the Alcohol and Drug Foundation database to monitor program activities and their outcomes
- Relevant Tertiary qualification in health or community related field, or demonstrated experience in a similar community development role
- An understanding/interest in drug and alcohol related issues and harm reduction
- Passionate about people, community and supporting those in need, inline with the organisation’s core values and objectives
- Strong networking, influencing and business development skills, with the ability to promote the organisation effectively
- Great interpersonal skills, time management and commitment to high quality customer service
What’s on offer
The opportunity to join a small, enthusiastic and driven team. You’ll be creating meaningful change, and working to support culturally strong, safe and thriving communities. A competitive salary, 10% superannuation and not for profit salary packaging are on offer, plus additional benefits like a monthly rostered day off.
Johnson Recruitment & Alcohol and Drug Foundation actively embrace diversity in the workforce through inclusive community representation of gender, culture, thought, and work arrangements - your applications are encouraged.
If you have exceptional skills and are looking for a new and exciting challenge, please make an application by clicking the 'Apply' tab below to submit your resume in Word format. To confidentially discuss this role further, please feel free to call Justin Curreen-Harris from Johnson Recruitment on (03) 9946 7302 or Laura Williams on 0476 498 999