Following an announcement by the Tasmanian Government, a Public Health Direction was issued on 10 September 2021 requiring that all Health Workers are vaccinated against COVID-19. This step is critical in protecting both our health workforce and vulnerable Tasmanians in our care.
Applicants for any position within the Department of Health must be prepared to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment.
The ANUM will work collaboratively and effectively with the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM), and will promote a patient focused model of care, coordinate the flow of patient/client care delivery and assist the NUM in providing effective leadership within a defined practice area.
The ANUM provides clinical and administrative management on a shift by shift basis to ensure business continuity of the defined practice area. This may include performance, financial, rostering, and staffing management as delegated by the NUM.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
The Hospital Area:
- Dynamic opportunities to work with a varied Specialist group.
- Project management opportunities.
- Diverse working areas.
Details of Appointment
Fixed Term, Part Time, Day Worker position working 64 hours per fortnight, commencing as soon as possible until 18 November 2022
*notwithstanding hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant
Salary: $92,321 to $97,577 pro rata, per annum + 10% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Salary range is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives (Tasmanian State Service) Agreement 2019
- Applicants should note that, for a period of six months from the date of publication, this selection process may be used to fill subsequent or similar full time and part time vacancies.
Successful applicants will be required to meet the essential criteria:
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
Applicants should note the following criteria are desirable:
- Holds or is working towards relevant post graduate qualifications.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre‑employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas:
- Crimes of violence
- sex related offences
- serious drug offences
- crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
We encourage you to review the Applicant Guide and Statement of Duties, prior to applying for an overview of the duties, program, selection process and selection criteria.
- Generic Associate Nurse Unit Manager (ANUM) G5 (July 2021) HR.pdf
- Generic Associate Nurse Unit Manager (ANUM) G5 (July 2021) HR.docx
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.pdf
- Department of Health - Applicant Guide July 2021.docx
How to Apply
Apply Online. Please click the blue "Apply now" button on this screen. This ensures important questions about you are answered.
You will be prompted to complete an application form detailing your experience, skills and knowledge through the addressing of the selection criteria from the Statement of Duties attached above.
- All attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Referee details are submitted as part of the online application so make sure you have the contact details of two referees before applying.
For More Information (Contact Officer)
Position: Nurse Unit Manager - Specialist Clinic
Phone: (03) 6777 6198
The email account you provide when submitting job applications will be used in correspondence to you. It is important that this is kept up to date and monitored regularly.
To update your email address (or contact number), log in to www.jobs.tas.gov.au and look for “Existing applicant login” where you can update your details
The Department of Health values workforce diversity and recognises the value each person offers which is shaped by their unique characteristics, background, experiences, knowledge, skills, values and perspectives.