A number of roads and streets will be closed in Launceston for the Tasmanian Running Festival, on Sunday, June 18.
The closures will be in place from 7am to 1pm, and are as follows:
- Cameron Street: from Tamar Street to Charles Street
- St John Street: from Paterson Street to The Esplanade
- The Esplanade: from St John Street to Lower Charles Street
- Lower Charles Street: from The Esplanade to Goderich Street
- East Tamar Highway: from Goderich Street to University Way off-ramp, south-bound lanes only
Traffic management will be in place for the closures.
City of Launceston council has recommended the follow detours for the Northern suburbs:
- via Rocherlea interchange to join the East Tamar Highway
- via Invermay Road, then left after the bridge onto Boland Street and/or Cimitiere Street.
Motorists who think they might be affected by the closures are advised by the festival organisers to:
- Make themselves aware of closures
- Plan travel outside of the road closure times
- Park away from the affected roads and streets