NORTH LAUNCESTON midfielder Brad Cox-Goodyer had a Good Friday to remember last week – earning him maximum votes in round 3 for the State League’s player of the year award.
He was a wrecking ball wherever he roamed at Windsor Park with his three goals against old foes Launceston including a 65-metre monster.
Cox-Goodyer took home the Adam Sanders Medal and was instrumental in ensuring the Bombers remain undefeated along with forward Zach Burt (six goals) and coach Tom Couch (five goals), who were awarded two and one votes, respectively. Burt is now leads the race on seven votes from three matches.
Clarence’s Jake Cox and Tigers’ Mitch Carter are tied for second on four votes following strong showings on the weekend.
Cox dominated against Lauderdale and Carter was the best on ground against Hobart City.
James Dowling collected three votes in Burnie’s win over Devonport.
Dowling presented well all match and booted two majors, while Magpie Dylan Riley (two votes) and Docker Blair Rubock (one vote) also had days out.
ROUND 3 VOTE
North Launceston v Launceston
- Brad Cox-Goodyer (North Launceston)
- Zach Burt (North Launceston)
- Tom Couch (North Launceston)
Burnie v Devonport
- James Dowling (Burnie)
- Dylan Riley (Devonport)
- Blair Rubock (Burnie)
Tigers v Hobart City
- Mitch Carter (Tigers)
- Ryan Matthews (Hobart City)
- Lachy Watt (Tigers)
Clarence v Lauderdale
- Jake Cox (Clarence)
- Dylan Fyfe (Lauderdale)
- Gabby Chambers (Clarence)
- 7: Zac Burt (NL)
- 4: Jake Cox (Clar), Mitch Carter (Tig)
- 3: Sonny Whiting, Rulla Kelly-Mansell, Jay Blackberry (Lton), Jaye Bowden, Harrison Gunther (Glen), Sam Siggins (Clar), Cameron Johns (Tig), Jay Lockhart, Brad Cox-Goodyer (NL), James Dowling (Bur), Dylan Riley (Dport).