Midnight Oil have revealed the dates for their highly anticipated reunion and world tour.
The tour, announced via a livestream on the band’s Facebook page, includes a Tasmanian show.
It is the first tour that the iconic Australian band has done since they split in 2002.
Their Great Circle 2017 world tour will start in South America, and move on to North America, Europe and New Zealand.
Australia gets its run of shows from October.
They are playing a run of 18 shows around the country, including in regional areas.
The dates are as follows:
- October 2 - ANZAC Oval, Alice Springs, NT
- October 4 | Darwin Amphitheatre, Darwin, NT
- October 7 | Kuranda Amphitheatre, Cairns, QLD
- October 10 | Townsville Entertainment Centre, Townsville, QLD
- October 12 | Great Western Hotel, Rockhampton, QLD
- October 14 | Big Pineapple Fields, Sunshine Coast, QLD
- October 15 | Riverstage, Brisbane, QLD
- October 19 | Hockey Fields, Coffs Harbour
- October 21 | Hope Estate, Hunter Valley, NSW
- October 24 | AIS Arena, Canberra, ACT
- October 26 | The Village Green Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, SA
- October 28 | Perth Arena, Perth, WA
- November 1| Derwent Entertainmnent Centre, Hobart, TAS
- November 3| Gateway Lakes, Wodonga, VIC
- November 4 | Hanging Rock, Mt Macedon, VIC
- November 6 | Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne, VIC
- November 8 | Win Entertainment Centre, Wollongong, NSW
- November 11 | The Domain, Sydney, NSW
They have also announced their supports for the Australian tour, which includes a range of home-grown acts, from classics like Spiderbait and The Living End, to Bad//Dreems and A.B. Original.
At the band’s Tasmanian show, they’ll be supported by The Jezabels.
Tickets for Frontier Touring members go on sale from February 23 to 24, via frontiertouring.com/midnightoil.
Midnight Oil pre-sales are on the same dates, from midnightoil.com.
General release tickets are on sale from February 27, from 3pm for the Hobart show.