Police are still appealing for information in relation to the suspicious disappearance of Rossarden man Paul Winston Byrne, 20 years after he was last seen.
Mr Byrne, who was 34 at the time, went missing after leaving the Rossarden Club with two people in the early hours of September 20, 1996.
Police believe he was murdered that night and that more than one person was involved.
However two decades on from his disappearance nobody has been charged.
It was previously reported that early investigations into the case were hindered by two fires which destroyed both Mr Byrne’s home and the house he was last seen at.
A $100,000 reward was announced in 2007 but Tasmania Police Inspector Scott Flude, who worked on the original case, said no new information had been provided to police for “a few years”.
“Its an open investigation, however it's not an active investigation and is not being worked on,” Inspector Flude said.
“Any information that comes to light will be worked on but at the moment there is none.”
A retired detective who was involved in the case told The Examiner in 2011 he believed Mr Byrne’s remains were still at Rossarden.
Police had excavated mine shafts at Rossarden and in the Central Highlands, but no remains were found and Mr Byrne is still registered as a missing person.
In Tasmania, there are 156 long-term missing people dating back to 1955.
The reward stands and police urge anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.