Ice and snow falls have forced the closure of a number of roads across the state.
Tasmania Police say that all roads above 200 metres today will be affected and are likely to be dangerous in parts - particularly on the North-West, western, Central Plateau, midlands, East Coast, the upper Derwent Valley and South-Eastern districts.
Police urge motorists to use caution on all elevated roads today.
- Lyell Highway closed between Wayatinah and Mount Arrowsmith (from Queenstown/Lake Burbury). (re-assess 8am 11/8)
- Cradle Mountain Road, Dove Lake to Ranger Station is closed due to snow.
- Pinnacle Road, Mt Wellington is closed at the Springs.
- Huon Highway at Vince’s Saddle, open to all traffic with caution. Snow slush around intersection with Huon Road.
- Nichols Rivulet Road, snow and ice on road. Open to traffic, proceed with caution.
- 4WD vehicles access only for Highlands Lakes Road and Poatina Roads due to snow falls.
- 4WD with chains only access to Lake Dobson Road
- 4WD and 2wd with chains only access to Belvoir Road from Murchison Highway turnoff through to Cradle Mountain
- Cradle Mountain Road from Moina to Cradle Mountain, accessible to 4WD and 2WD with chains.
- Arthur Hwy, Tasman Peninsula. Caution snow falling on the roads.
- Midland Hwy, Oatlands to Campbelltown, snow falling on high points.
- 4WD vehicles access only for Cradle Development Road.