Shed fire claims pets, posessions

AN ACCIDENTAL shed fire has killed two family dogs and caused an estimated $70,000 damage.

The residents reported the fire in Wiggs Road, Henrietta, in the North-West, at 1.44am this morning.

The structure was already well alight by the time the family noticed the blaze.

Fire investigator Adrian Adams, of the Tasmania Fire Service, said the fire started after a double adaptor overheated.

He said both a refrigerator and freezer had been plugged into the double adaptor.

A TechSafe inspector also examined the scene today.

Mr Adams said the local fire brigades did a great job to control the fire and stop it from spreading to the house on the property, only metres away.

He said the family also lost several motorcycles, whitegoods and tools.

Mr Adams recommended people install working smoke alarms in spaces where there is the potential for fire; not just inside homes.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop