ADDITIONAL shopping events and greater resource allocation to Cityprom's social media interaction have been two key findings from the group's annual members' survey.
Christmas in the City was rated as the town's most popular themed shopping event, and increasing online participation was also shown in its annual survey findings.
Cityprom executive officer Vanessa Cahoon said scope for a second dedicated shopping day, similar to the Crazy Day sale, was also found from the results.
Ms Cahoon said poor feedback regarding the group's service awards could mean changes for the accolade event.
"[The awards night] isn't going ahead this year, it was cancelled about a month ago," she said.
"One of the models that could be utilised is on a monthly basis and an ongoing basis, rather than just three months of the year."
Ms Cahoon said more working hours were likely to be allocated to the group to cater for growing demand for social media activity.
She said a workshop last month identified and addressed some of the issues highlighted in the survey and that a new operating model had been discussed.
Red Herring senior casual sales assistant Brendon Hill said he'd like to see an increase in the number of mystery shoppers and more opportunity to deliver direct feedback to the group.
Mr Hill said feedback boxes in all member stores and a comments page for Cityprom could provide clearer direction for Launceston businesses.
"If we did that throughout the CBD of Launceston, customers could have a lot more interactive feedback with their stores, rather than just selecting a couple," Mr Hill said.
- 154 out of 194 businesses have their own website.
- 158 businesses use Facebook as their primary form of social media interaction.
- 49 out of 195 businesses were not aware of Cityprom's Facebook page.
- 93 out of 192 businesses did not participate in Cityprom's Service Excellence Awards.
- 158 out of 231 businesses prefer e-mail correspondence with Cityprom.
- The majority of Cityprom members employ one to five employees on a casual, part-time and full-time basis.
- 26 businesses rated Cityprom's Christmas theming as excellent, 102 rated it as good, 51 rated it as average and 13 rated it as poor.