Premier Will Hodgman has reassured pensioners their bills and transport costs won't go up as a result of federal budget cuts to concessions.
Mr Hodgman told Parliament this morning that there would be no change to the level of concessions from July 1.
The Commonwealth has axed $9 million it previously contributed to the cost of providing discounts for seniors on water and sewerage, power, council rates, car registration and bus fares.
A supply Bill to provide $1.5 billion to departments to continue to run services from July 1 until the budget is handed down on August 28 will be debated this afternoon.
"So we are going to ensure that those concessions occur and if the bill is passed, with your support, that's what will happen," Mr Hodgman said.
Mr Hodgman said the Commonwealth's contribution to concessions had been minimal compared with the state government's share of more than $300 million a year.
He would not speculate on whether the government would cover the funding gap permanently.