Quick thinking saves Ravenswood house

QUICK-thinking by a Ravenswood man helped to quell a kitchen fire today.

The fire was reported at 11.35am in a Ballina Crescent house.

The blaze was partly out when firefighters arrived, after one of the occupants smashed a window and used a garden hose to lessen the flames.

Launceston Fire Brigade leading firefighter Anthony Goss said the fire appeared to have started after cooking was left on a stove.

He estimated damage at $20,000.

No-one was injured.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop