Police say they are receiving a number of reports of trees and power lines down and road flooding, in the North and North-West of the state.
Local councils and the Department of Infrastructure, Energy and Resources have and are in the process of erecting signage in affected areas.
Police ask motorists to drive to conditions and not to drive onto flooded road areas.
Some of the road affected are:
- Spellmans Road, Wilmot, between Back Road and Wilmot River. Landslide
- Vermont Road, Launceston is closed between the roundabout and Mowbray Hill due to a burst water main.
- Bridle Track Road is closed about two kilometres south of the junction with Kimberley Road.
- Cherry Lane, Latrobe. Flooded.
- Buxton Road, Wilmont, about two kilometres from Wilmont Road. Landslip.
- Henry St, Launceston. Flooding.
- Glenwood Road, Relbia. Flooding
- Relbia Rd, Relbia, Flooding.
- Bridgenorth Road, Legana, near Kavala St. Flooding
- Liffey Road, Bracknell. Flooded
- Station Street, St. Leonards. Flooded.
- Henry Street Bridge, Henry Street, Waverley. Flooded.
- Mersey Main Road, Latrobe at Ballahoo Creek crossing. Flooding.
- Woolmers Lane, Longford. Flooded.
- Ansons Bay Road. south of Ansons Bay. Flooding.
- Innes Street, Stahan. Flooding
- Andrew Street, Strahan. Flooding
- Targa Road. Flooded
- Pecks Hills Rd. Flooded.
- Powrana Road, Midlands Highway at the Westmore Bridge.
- Bass Highway near Winspears Road, drain blocked, proceed with caution.
- Sheffield Main Road, Sheffiled near Kermode St, water on road, proceed with caution.
- Evandale Road, Western Junction, water on the road, proceed with caution.
- Birralee Road, Westbury, between Four Springs and Rodeo Ground, water on road proceed with caution
- Long Plains Road, Bridgenorth, water on road, proceed with caution.
- East Tamar Hwy, Rocherlea, at turnoff, proceed with caution.
- West Tamar Hwy, Legana, near Danbury Park, water on road, proceed with caution.
- West Tamar Hwy, Legana near No. 178, water on road in a dip, proceed with caution.
- West Tamar Hwy, Trevallyn, junction with Forest Rd, water on road, proceed with caution one lane open.
- West Tamar Hwy, Trevallyn, Launceston bound land near the rowing club.
- Forest Road, Trevallyn, landslip, water on road, proceed with caution.
- Rebecca Road, Temma (at Nelson Bay River Bridge), access with 4wd vehicles only
- The Esplanade, Huonville
The Highland Lakes Road is closed from Bothwell to Mienna due to heavy snow, as is Marlborough Road from Bronte Park to Miena.
Police say that due to snow cover down to 400m, the following roads should not be used unless motorists have a 4wd vehicle:
- Highland Lakes Road: Miena to Golden valley
- Poatina Road from Poatina to Highland Lakes Road
- The Lyell Highway has recieved significant snow fall over night and snow clearing is in progress.
- Cradle Mountain and Belvouir roads have recieved significant snow falls overnight. Snow clearing is in progress.
Marine wind warning, for gale winds east of Flinders Island and the central West Coast.
Strong wind warning for the Derwent Estuary, Frederick Henry and Norfolk Bay, Storm Bay, Channel, Far North West Coast, Central North Coast, Banks Strait and Franklin Sound, Upper East Coast, Lower East Coast, South East Coast and South West Coast.
Small craft alert for the Central Plateau Lakes and South West Lakes.
There are a number of flood warnings adn watches in place:
- Moderate flood warning for the lower Macquarie River
- Moderage flood warning for the North Esk River basin
- Moderate flood warning for the upper South Esk River
- Minor flood warning for the Meander River
- Minor flood warning for the Mersey River
- Final minor flood warning for the Forth River basin
There is a severe weather warning in place for abnormally high tides for people int he South-East forecast district about 6pm this afternoon.
There is a road weather alert in place for the North-West, Western, Central Plateau, the Midlands, Upper Derwent Valley and South-East.
There is also a sheep graziers warning for the upper Derwent Valley and the South East.