A 20-year-old Moonah man has been charged with one count of arson following a $10 million fire at Bridges Brothers in Hobart last month.
The fire, on January 19, caused substantial damage to the store as well as surrounding businesses in Bathurst Street.
A result of investigations, a 20-year-old Moonah man was taken into custody on Wednesday. He was later charged with one count of arson in relation to the fire, as well as five counts of burglary, four counts of stealing, one count of attempting to unlawfully set fire to property, attempted motor vehicle stealing and damage to property - all allegedly committed in the Hobart CBD on the same morning.
The man will appear in the Hobart Magistrate's Court at 10am today.
Detective Inspector David Plumpton said investigations are continuing.
He also thanked members of the public who provided information and assistance into the investigation.
He said police would like to speak to anyone who may have additional information regarding the incident. They can call the Hobart Criminal Investigation Branch on 6230 2611 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 (report number 459135).