FIRE has destroyed a Springfield home that had recently undergone renovations in the preparation for the arrival of the occupants' baby.
Tasmanian Fire Service Launceston fire investigators Jason Johnson and Tony Johnson said last night that no one was injured in the blaze but the house was destroyed to the tune of $200,000.
"The cause has been determined as accidental," Jason Johnson said.
He said the fire started in sheds adjoining the house.
Fire crews were called to the Tasman Highway property just before 3.30pm yesterday.
Tony Johnson said as the fire started in the shed, crews had to be wary of any potential accelerants or toxic chemical fumes.
He said two firefighters sustained heat- related injuries.
Jason Johnson said the couple had just held a baby shower and had managed to save some items.